The National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) was initiated by seven Indian Institutes of Technology along with the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in 2003. Five core disciplines were identified, namely, civil engineering, computer science and engineering, electrical engineering, electronics and communication engineering and mechanical engineering and 235 courses in web/video format were developed in this phase.
- Largest online repository in the world of courses in engineering, basic sciences and selected humanities and social sciences subjects
- Youtube channel for NPTEL – most subscribed educational channel, 1 billion views and 42+ lakhs subscribers.
- 3More than 56000 hours of video content
- Most accessed library of peer-reviewed educational content in the world
- 52000+ hours of transcribed content; 51000+ hours of subtitled videos
Sharada College, Talapady is a Swayam NPTEL Local Chapter now.
Local Chapter ID: 4606
NPTEL: National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) is a project of MHRD initiated by seven Indian Institutes of Technology (Bombay, Delhi, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Guwahati and Roorkee) along with the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in 2003, to provide quality education to anyone interested in learning from the IITs. Since 2013, through an online portal, 4-, 8-, or 12-week online courses, typically on topics relevant to students in all years of higher education along with basic core courses in sciences and humanities with exposure to relevant tools and technologies, are being offered. The enrolment to and learning from these courses involves no cost. An in-person, proctored certification exam (optional) will be conducted at Rs. 1000/- per course and a certificate is provided through the participating institutions and industry, when applicable.
SPOC: Ms. Vinutha from the Computer Applications Dept.