An Electoral Literacy Club is a platform to engage school students through interesting activities and hands-on experience to sensitise them on their electoral rights and familiarise them with the electoral process of registration and voting. ELCs are also present in colleges and rural communities.
An Electoral Literacy Club is a platform to engage college students through interesting activities and hands-on experience to sensitise them on their electoral rights and familiarise them with the electoral process of registration and voting. ELCs are also present in colleges and rural communities. At ELCs, learning meets fun. Activities and Games are designed to stimulate and motivate students provoking them to think and ask questions. Through ELC, Election Commission of India, aims at strengthening the culture of electoral participation among young and future voters.
VISION: To make its utmost contribution to have an active democratic citizenry originating in integrated civic and voter education and electoral participation right from a young age.
OBJECTIVES: In furtherance of this vision, the Electoral Literacy Club shall be established at our college with the following objectives:
· To educate the targeted populations about voter registration, electoral process and related matters through hands on experience.
· To familiarize the targeted populations with EVM and VVPAT and to educate them about robustness of EVM and integrity of the electoral process using EVMs
· To help the target audience understand the value of their vote to ensure that they exercise their suffrage right in a confident, comfortable and ethical manner
· To harness the potential of ELC members for carrying the electoral literacy in communities
· To facilitate voter registration for its eligible members who are not yet registered
· To develop a culture of electoral participation and maximize the informed, and ethical voting, and follow the principle ‘Every vote counts’ and ‘No Voter to be Left Behind’.
Our ELC after noticing that some students have not registered as voters has helped the students and all of them are now registered as potential and prospective voters of our great nation. We strive to imbibe the enthusiasm of democracy and nationalism and pass it on to the youth that is bound to shape India.
- Celebration of Constitutional Day in association with NSS.
- An Invited Lecture Programme on National Voter’s Day is organised in the College on 25-01-2022.