The main objectives of establishing the Eco Club is to conserve the natural resources and the natural environment by creating:
- an Eco-friendly environment
- awareness of biodiversity conservation and local environmental issues among students
- green consciousness among students through various innovative methods.
Eco club plays an important role in generating environmental awareness amongst the future generation. The main motive of the Eco Club is to nurture and teach the importance of the environment to students. In a way, it supports the experiential part of learning what is already insisted in the curriculum.
The vision of our Eco Club: To protect, maintain, nurture and enhance the rich green environment which is gifted to us by creating environmental awareness.
- To educate the youth, offering programmes and resources for the students.
- To motivate the students to keep their surroundings green and clean by undertaking plantation of trees.
- To promote culture of conservation of water by minimizing the use of water.
- To maintain cleanliness in and around the campus which includes amongst public and sanitary workers, so as to stop the indiscriminate dumping and burning of waste which causes suffocation of the planet earth and also leads to many diseases.
The Eco Club along with NSS volunteers of the Sharada College did its best efforts for a) green campus and b) organic farm.